2nd Annual Rolling Slumber Bed Races
||Saturday, November 16
||Businesses, families, churches, non-profit organizations, clubs, etc. are welcome. Since the race can be fast-paced, therefore only adults (over age 18) can participate.
||½ hour prior to race start (mandatory for all participants)
||Judging: 11:00 am
Heats Start: 11:15 am
||Entry Fee: $35 per team
Returning Teams: $25 per team
All monies due by November 9th
||Register ASAP. No registrations after Friday, November 9.
Timed Race Winner
Best Team Spirit
Bed Construction Regulations:
- Each team must have 5 participants (4 runners and 1 rider)
- Use of themed costumes or pajamas for all team members is highly encouraged. Appropriate attire required. NO bare feet, floppy slippers or flip flops.
- All teams must be named and their name will be displayed so that it may be visible to the audience.
- Silliness, outlandishness, sponsored and/or socially relevant bed/team decorating themes are ENCOURAGED!
- The use of distraction devices-megaphones, whistles, etc are approved and recommended for fun. All such devices are to be used in a respectful manner and not to harm or degrade contestants and/or the audience.
- The bed does not need to be an original bed, but it must mimic a real bed with a head and footboard, needs to have four (4) legs and wheels, situated to make it safe. The bed cannot have propulsion or brakes. Human power only. Beds must be pushed, not pulled. Mattress size must be “conventional” (twin, double, queen, king). No cribs, cots, coffins, etc.
- Race will be run on Park Row. There will be one turn and and one switch of runners. This will be an “elimination race.” Two beds will race at once. Time will be considered.
- Each member must be 18 years old
- Limit of 4 additional members as a “pit crew” to assist the team pre/post race
- All beds must be decorated (Prize for best overall design/theme).
- Each race will consist of two beds racing against each other based on time to complete one run down race course, turn around and return to finish line.
- One person must ride on the bed at all times during the timed races.
- All bed and team costs are borne by entrants. This includes entry fee.
- All beds must report for inspection prior to racing; failure to report for inspection or failure to meet the rules & regulations set forth will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
- Teams must not interfere with opponents in any way during the race and must conduct themselves according to the highest standards of sportsmanship
- The use of helmets and other protective gear is strongly encouraged for all team members; sturdy footwear is required.
- All team members must cross the finish line with their bed (finish time determined by the end of the bed passing the finish line). Any bed that collapses or loses a wheel will be disqualified.
- All decisions made by Race Officials are final.
- Overall dimensions must be a minimum of 48” wide, 66” long with a maximum of 60” wide and 88” long and a maximum height of 72” (including all attachments, wheels, decorations, etc.)
- Push bars are allowed but may not extend beyond the width of the bed. All push bars are to be designed for safety with no sharp or jagged edges allowed.
- Beds must have a box spring and/or mattress of typical material; air mattresses allowed but must be Full Size or larger and fully inflated.
- Beds must have a minimum of three wheels in contact with the ground and can be of any size or design.
- Steering mechanisms can be used but must be kept in full control at all times.
- No bed may have any motorized or mechanical means of motion.
- Safety is a must-ensure all parts of the bed are securely attached.
- All beds must pass inspection by the officials prior to the race.
- All judges decisions are final.
RAIN OR SHINE